FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, DC, United States, January 25, 2021 —
Industry veteran to lead board of natural gas pipeline trade association in 2021
The board of directors of the Interstate Natural Gas Association of America (INGAA) has elected David Slater to serve as chairman of the organization for a one-year term. Mr. Slater is President and COO of DTE Midstream.
“With more than 30 years of experience in the industry, David has skillfully managed and led the growth of DTE’s midstream operations,” said Amy Andryszak, President and CEO of INGAA. “His leadership in this space makes him well suited to help guide INGAA’s mission and promote our industry’s commitment to the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to consumers across the country. I look forward to working with David over the next year to advance our 2021 key priorities.”
Those priorities include:
· Promoting the role of natural gas infrastructure as a foundation of our nation’s energy economy
· Emphasizing the essential role of natural gas and natural gas infrastructure in achieving national and global climate aspirations
· Protecting the statutory and regulatory framework that facilitates a vibrant, market-responsive interstate natural gas pipeline industry
· Advancing a secure, reliable and resilient interstate natural gas pipeline network
· Promoting pipeline safety solutions that embrace risk management, technology and innovation
· Defending natural gas infrastructure permitting predictability
“I am honored to serve as chairman of the board during what is sure to be an eventful and important time for the natural gas transmission industry,” Mr. Slater said. “The next year will be a defining period for our industry and I look forward to ensuring policymakers and regulators understand the indispensable link the natural gas transmission industry plays in delivering our nation’s energy abundance, economic prosperity and transition to a lower carbon future.”
Mr. Slater is responsible for DTE’s midstream natural gas assets and serves as a member of DTE’s Executive leadership team. He also serves on the board of directors for Millennium Pipeline, Vector Pipeline, and Nexus Gas Transmission. Prior to DTE, he served as Vice President at Goldman Sachs and Managing Director at Nexen Inc., an oil and gas company based in Calgary, Canada with worldwide operations. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Master of Business Administration from the University of Windsor.
INGAA’s board also elected Kim Watson, Kinder Morgan’s president of north region gas pipelines, as the organization’s first vice chair and Pete Tumminello, Southern Company Gas’ group president of commercial business, as second vice chair.
INGAA represents the U.S. natural gas pipeline industry. INGAA’s members deliver clean, abundant, affordable natural gas throughout North America and operate approximately 200,000 miles of pipelines that serve as an indispensable link between natural gas producers and consumers.